How to Impress a Woman
The feeling that you need to impress a woman usually comes along with another feeling: don't screw this up. Here are some of the signs that a guy is feeling the need to "impress" the woman that he's talking to:
- He tries to only say "cool" things, or things that will "impress" the woman.
- He acts nervous and stilted during the conversation... sometimes coming across as "formal".
- He tries to figure out what the woman wants to hear.
- If he says something that the woman doesn't like, he "back-pedals" and tries to change what he said to suit the woman.
- He doesn't say anything "risky", doesn't tease the woman, and doesn't do anything to upset her.
Surprisingly enough, those are big turn-offs to women. There are 5 things that you need to remember to impress a female on a first date. Remember to shower, put on fresh deodorant and cologne before going on a date. One of the biggest turn-offs for a woman is when their date smells bad!
- Keep it casual. Always try to be polite, but don't come across as being formal. Open the door for her, pull out her chair so she can sit and push her in. If eating at a restaurant, ask her how her food is and if her beverage gets low, make sure to call the waiter/waitress to get her a refill.
- Keep talking! I cannot stress this enough. Awkward silences are terrible on dates. Ask her questions about herself, to make the female feel like you genuinely care about her past life.
- Try not to make it sound like an interrogation though. Ask things like 'So have you ever been outside of India.' or 'So where do you work?' Don't ever ask anything personal that could offend her.
- If you had a good time on your first date, ask her if she wants to go back to your place for some coffee. If the date didn't go so well, or you are getting vibes that she isn't interested in you, just offer to drop her off at her house.
- On the way to her house/your house, ask her if she enjoyed it. If it sounds like she had a good time, talk about how you enjoyed it and want to know if she would go out with you again sometime.
- (Assuming you are dropping her off at her house.) Walk her up to the door. On the way there, talk about how much fun you had with her. Give her a hug good-bye, and walk back to the car.
- Walk her inside and go to the kitchen. Make coffee for the both of you, and talk about yourself and her. Do not make any moves on her.
- Most women do not want to have sex on a first date. Before she leaves, remember to get her number and tell her you will call her later in the week about maybe going out again sometime.
- Practice appropriate chivalrous behavior
- Be a gentleman ( gentle + man ) and take care of her needs without prompting. Open doors, offer your coat when she's cold, etc
- Be strong, yet not abrasive
- Women don't react well to a spineless jellyfish that won't stand up for himself, but be careful not to cross the fine line between confidence and cockiness.
- Express and ask about feelings
- A woman appreciates a man who is willing to talk about his feelings and is sincerely interested in hers.
- If you're consuming alcohol, keep it social and minimal
- If you have to be "fortified" with alcohol to be with her, she'll sense you can't relate to her sober.
- Exhibit confidence, not jealousy
- The reality that she'll stay in contact with friends and acquaintaces she had before she met you shouldn't threaten you.
- Be accountable for your words and actions
- Be a man of your word and let your actions show intentions and character.
- Realize that relationships can't be bought
- Keep things simple. While it's nice to be spoiled, little things are often much more appreciated and sincere. Buy her a card, not a car,
- Treat her with the same courtesy, respect and enthusiasm in front of your friends, family and colleagues as you do in private.